(CNN)Happy Mother’s Day to moms everywhere!Andvirtual hugs to those whose moms are not with them. Here’s what else you need to know toStart Your Week Smart.
(You can also get “5 Things You Need to Know Today” delivered to your inbox daily. You give us five minutes, and we give you five things you must know for your weekday, plus a Sunday edition to get your week started smart. Sign up here.)
• Icebreaker. The playoffs are in full swing in the NHL, too. The Carolina Hurricanes take on the Boston Bruins in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
• Assange’s legal woes. Sweden will announce whether it’ll reopen an investigation into rape allegations against Julian Assange. The WikiLeaks founder hid at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for seven years until Ecuador withdrew his asylum and invited in British police. He is now in a British jail over skipping his bail to avoid going to Sweden. Meanwhile, the US wants to extradite Assange after prosecutors charged him with helping ex-Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning hack US Defense Department computers.
US wants to make an example out of Julian Assange, friend says
Mobiflux is the first ever Wordpress plugin that lets you capture and multiply your mobile traffic. It’s twin action system gives you the ultimate in traffic and lead generation no matter what you are marketing online.
It not only capture and harness your
• Trump’s financial records. President Donald Trump’s fight with Congress over his financial records is on a fast track — with a hearing set to weigh the major legal issues. His legal team has sued to stop a firm subpoenaed by Congress from turning over the records. The Democratic-led House is investigating Trump, his administration and his businesses.
New York Times reporter: Trump business losses ‘unbelievable’
• Crackdown on online extremism. Leaders of New Zealand and France — two countries scarred by terrorism — will meet to discuss ways to stop violent extremism online. Several social media companies are sending representatives. The March 15 attacks that killed dozens of people in Christchurch, New Zealand, were live-streamed on Facebook.
Online platforms scramble to remove terror attack videos
• Russian hacking in Florida. The FBI will brief Florida members of Congress on reported hacking attempts by Russian intelligence. Officials have said Russian military intelligence created an email phishing campaign targeting the state’s county election workers the summer before the 2016 presidential election. Government officials have repeatedly insisted no evidence exists that hackers changed any votes in either the 2016 or 2018 elections but have stopped short of claiming that hackers were never in a position to make it more difficult for people to vote.
With about 200 million viewers, the international music contest is one of the most-watched nonsports events in the world. This year, it’ll be held in the shadow of Middle East tensions, and calls for a boycott have already started.
CoreSEO is the one and the only software application that addresses all the optimization requirements that Google has for any website. In fact, it is a total and comprehensive solution for all the SEO updates from Google Updates.